Thursday, August 28, 2008

Part 2- FOOD

Okay, sorry for the delay..
Now is time for me to show some FOOD!


Well, not exactly food that you'll get to eat in Yliharma,
it's food that i've tasted while i'm with mt Rintanen family. =)



Guess what is this??





It's a kind of cheese!! Did you guess correctly?
You can add some jam to eat with it, also warm it up with the micro~
It's a kind of dessert? The taste was quite good, sweet cheese?






Next, is a traditional food of Finland
Well, i'm sorry that i've actually forgotten the name of it!!
The outside layer is kinda like bread, in the middle, there's something like rice/porridge.
You can find these from the grocery store but home-made taste alot better.









As you can see, this greenie thingy is PEAS~
Well, i think it looks abit like Japanese Edamame but they taste really differently.
These peas are eaten rawly, you dont have to cook it.
Be aware that once you start eating, you wont want to stop. haha
The taste is abit sweet compare to those normal peas we had in Msia
You can eat the whole thing, or just eat the peas in it.
I prefer only the small peas in it, the outside layer taste bitter ==

Now, i'm gonna show something non-halal. So stop if you cant watch.lol

Pork patty by my host dad!

Saw that yellow bottle with "Koti tinappi"?

That's my favourite mustard sauce!!

I have 2bottle in my home now =p

Also, you can have some salad to go with the pork.

I miss those salad..

Okay, i'm not an alcoholic, but i think i did drink quite alot while i'm in Finland.

Now i'm going to show some of the drinks i've tried.

Leijona

no comment, to avoid you all to think that i'm an alcoholic, lol

Long drink with berry flavour,

Suitable for ladies


Now is time to show some home made delicacies.

Prepared by my host mum!!

Berry porridge~

Looks weird to you? It looks weird to me when i first saw it.

It's abit sour because of the berries BUT, once you add some milk in it,

It taste GOOD~

I'm gonna show my FAVOURITE FOOD now,

THE WORLD BEST PANCAKE!!!!

Oh no, my saliva coming out just thinking of it..

mum, i want pancake. =(

Lastly, this is something really meaningful to me.

It's the best cake i've ever tasted..

Strawberry cake,Made by Hanna

I LOVE YOU~

mina kaipaan sinua.. =(

8 comments:

jordan said...

hmm~~the drink seen not bad~~ I thought is some kind of roti canai...=.=" I like cheese...

Anonymous said...

yo..the foods like so nice lo..
yo...want to eat..XD

LeisuRely said...

i wana eat~~ it looks good but dunno hw is the taste of it~~~ >.<

kim said...

very western-ish food! hahaha
eh, you tak rindu nasi kah?! kaka

(oi, aku pun mau pancake!!!)

dreamy said...

jordan,
u tot the pancake is roti canai? keke, bt it's really tasty lo!!

anonymous,
i'm tryin to do the pancake, if it's SUCCESSFUL i'll ask u come my hse try. keke

leisurely,
ALL the food are GOOD!

Kim,
They have rice over there too but our rice taste alot better!!
Pls wait till i successfully make the pancake here. kekeke

Mika said...

OMG...my saliva keep dripping when i read this post..the drinks look nice and i feel lk trying out the pancake and the berry porridge...looks tempting to me!!!*glurp glurp*

dreamy said...

mika,
i miss the food too!!
I'm tryin hard to make the pancake again, if successful i'll let u try!

kim said...

ann, no need make lah! go paddington pancake house! 138 types of pancakes to choose! hahaha